Our powder bellows are strong, effective, lightweight and ideal for applying AviVit Pure Fresh Water, Food Grade, Diatomaceous Earth to hen houses, arks, and other buildings, for the control of red mite and other ectoparasites affecting poultry. The powder can be aimed with a great degree of accuracy, under perches, roof cladding, roof eves, into voids, under the floor and any other inaccessible areas . Every square millimeter of surface area must be covered for maximum efficacy.
- The Duster is also ideal for use in gardens for accurate dusting of herbicides and pesticides on plants and crops.
- Also used for controlling ants, aphids, flea beetles, fleas, earwigs, sowbugs, mange mites, flies, ticks, bed bugs, cock roaches
- Lightweight and easy to use. Suitable for applying wide variety of powders. Blasts powder several feet.
- 1.5 Litre (0.75g) capacity made from strong polypropylene. Rigid outlet pipe with spreader.
- Overall length including outlet tube and spreader 81cm
- Weight 0.70kg
Sprinkling diatomaceous earth on the floor of hen houses and nest boxes, will not control red mite effectively, because the powder only covers a small proportion of the total surface area of the structure. For this reason, a dust applicator must be used. Apply the DE weekly, to the underside of the floor, under the roof and eaves, and to the total surface area inside the house or building. There are many cheap brands of DE on the market but many contain clay dust and sediment, and some are salt water sourced. Always choose a pure white, human food grade, fresh water sourced diatomaceous earth.