This reliable, leading UK brand is a multi purpose alcohol product with a wide range of uses in cleaning, cosmetics and hospitals. It can also be used as a rubbing alcohol for cleaning surfaces and preventing stains.
- as a solvent for coatings and industrial processes
- as an intermediate ingredient creating isopropyl acetate
- as an ingredient in medical and self care-products such as hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes. A 60-70% solution is commonly used as a disinfectant or hand sanitiser. A pure solution would not be as effective, as a certain amount of water is necessary to open up the pore membranes in the bacteria and allow isopropanol to enter the cell.
- as an ingredient is ‘gas drier’ fuel additives in the motor industry
- in the home as a cleaning agent, stain remover, defroster and as a safe insect repellent
Isopropyl Alcohol (Formula C3H8O) is a colourless flammable solution with a strong characteristic odour
Risks & Hazards
- Not for human consumption
- Highly flammable liquid and vapour
- Causes serious eye irritation
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness
- Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. NO SMOKING.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water fir several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- Get medical advice/attention.
- Dispose of contents/container to hazardous waste depot.
- Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting equipment.
- Keep container tightly closed.
- Use only non-sparking tools.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray.
- Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Use only outdoors or in a well ventilated area.
- Store in a well ventilated place – Keep cool. Keep container tightly closed.
- Store locked up